An Electromyography Test (EMG)
is a test that is used to record the electrical activity of muscles. When muscles are active, they produce an electrical current. This current is usually proportional to the level of the muscle activity. An EMG is also referred to as an electromyogram. EMGs can be used to detect abnormal muscle electrical activity that can occur in many diseases and conditions, including muscular dystrophy, inflammation of muscles, pinched nerves, peripheral nerve damage (damage to nerves in the arms and legs), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig disease), myasthenia gravis, disc herniation and others.
A related procedure that may be performed is an NCV test.
Archer Medical EMG Solutions Include
- Accurately define the location of a lesion(s) along the pathway of a nerve.
- Apply an objective measurement to substantiate your diagnosis. This will allow you to determine a more accurate and effective course of treatment.
- Document and quantify your patient’s suspected nerve damage in order to validate your patient’s past, present or future treatments.
- Reduce the time between diagnosis and treatment by offering this required test right in your own office with results provided within 24 hrs on your own personal, secure, HIPAA compliant website.
- Patients enjoy the benefits of a fast and accurate diagnosis that allows for a faster course of treatment.
Benefits for your Patients
- Patients avoid scheduling longer times off work to travel long distances to unfamiliar clinics.
- Now the test can be completed in the familiarity of your own practice/hospital under your own schedule.
Benefits to your Hospital/Practice
- Remove the need to refer your patients away for these specialized tests while maintaining complete autonomy and control over your patient’s care.
- Add a revenue generating service to your practice/hospital.
- Experience the benefits of an on-site neurologist and physiatrist.
- The results are available within 24 hrs after the completion of the test. Download and print test results right from your own personal secure HIPAA compliant website.
Call Archer Medical today to see how we can tailor an EMG service to meet your specific needs!